Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Letters to Our Daughters

Dear Daughter #3,

 I am writing this letter to you, something I wish I would have started when you were little, because in 12 days you will turn 18 years old. What a milestone in your life. A time now when you dream of being on your own and grown up, a time in your future that you will look wistfully back to. Remember my dear girl, that time has wings, but don't let her fly to fast and far away from you. Someday, you will look back and wish you were at your 18th milestone once again.

 I went into labor with you early Sunday morning on Superbowl sunday. I waited all day and went into the hospital that night at 6pm. You were born a few hours later. You descended into the world with fast fury and your face resembled a blueberry for the next week as proof. You were a beautiful child, with features as dainty as a little fairy. You are the baby of three beautiful daughters. I could not want for more.

 As fast as you came into the world, you grew. You grew into the beautiful young woman that I watch everyday. As I watch you, my heart bursts because I am so proud of who you are, and yet my heart hurts when I think of you being all grown up, ready to start your life's venture. You are who you are daughter #3....You are smart, witty, unique, quirky and most of all as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside. Remember, that is what counts.

I want you to know that I believe in you. I believe in your dreams, as should you. You have many years to leave your footprints in the sand. Don't rush things, time is your friend. Most importantly and most of all, remember that I love you more than you could ever imagine and that I am your biggest fan.

 Love,

 Your Mama


 Next stop,  from Nicole!. Thanks for reading our blog circle!

4 comments:

  1. Heartwarming letter, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Cori. Makes my heart hurt because I feel the leap from 3 years old to 18 will happen in a literal blink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful.... my oldest is only 3 and I don't want her to grow up this fast... I teach high schoolers and this is an amazing age of self discovery... .beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing letter and blog Cori. I love everything about it. You have some fantastic photos of your daughter and your love for her just pours out through your words. I hope she knows how lucky she is to have you for a mama!!!

    ReplyDelete